Tech Lead - Web Team (PT - Remote/Hybrid)
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2023
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
To do what:
- Lead a team, establishing a technical vision, resolving technical disagreements and ensure the success of delivered solutions;
- Oversee day-to-day operations, delegating tasks and set deadlines/goals;
- Stay up to speed with all web technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns, investing in continual improvements;
- Use appropriate engineering practices, such fully automated development pipelines and testing;
- Understanding the current lifestyle and development of new lifecycles with emphasis on software quality processes;
- Work closely with our infrastructure team and other tech leads to define and improve our software and infrastructure architecture;
- Maintaining a productive and inspiring working environment for development teams, actively participating in the training/building skills, provide coach, monitoring performance, motivating the team, recognize high performance and reward accomplishments;
- Together with the HR team and assisting Hiring Manager, help on R&S process, motivation and retention of new members.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience as a Tech Lead/ Team Lead or natural Leadership skills;
- Extensive experience (+5y) with web development;
- Already knows our main tech stack (Go and NodeJs);
- Strong background in event/microservice architecture;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Portuguese and English);
- Great time management and organizational skills;
- Proactive attitude, flexible, problem solver and decision maker;
- Quality oriented process ensuring good code practices;
- People oriented mindset, able to build strong relationships and motivate the team.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- The opportunity to make a real human impact of millions of people, and have a blast doing it;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company where you can add real value to an innovative solution;
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity; A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity - a fast-paced, fun, and energetic startup;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- To get to know more about our Tech Stack, check here.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.