Head of Engineering (PT - Hybrid/Remote)
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
About Sword Move
Sword Move is a first of its kind movement health solution that will empower members to start moving, stay moving, and live pain-free. Today, 80% of Americans do not meet the recommended level of exercise; and physical inactivity is the cause of both MSK issues and numerous chronic diseases. Sword Move combines the clinical focus of physical therapy and the holistic approach of fitness to create a solution that connects each member with a certified personal trainer and wearable technology, delivering personalized programs that help our members move more and move right.
Core job responsibilities and tasks:
- Manage stakeholders of your area of ownership.
- Manage activities and needs of several engineering teams in activities such as career path, team structure and continuous team evolution.
- Lead and manage a teams of software engineers, providing guidance and support on best practices, software development methodologies, and project management.
- Manage deliverables of several engineering teams.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of complex software systems and applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and identify solutions.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure that software products meet quality standards and are delivered on time and within budget.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest software development trends and technologies.
- Develop and implement engineering strategies to support business objectives.
- Mobile knowledge / experience is a plus, as in this role you will lead a web and a mobile team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience in IT infrastructure management, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies, including hardware, software, network, and security systems.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing IT infrastructure strategies and policies.
- Strong project management and budgeting skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team, as well as work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work on time and within budget.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity - fast-paced, fun, and energetic startup;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or Hybrid work policy (Portugal only);
- To get to know more about our Tech Stack, check here.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We champion diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At SWORD, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our applicants and teammates is critical to our success as a global company. The more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
Sword Benefits - Portugal
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Sword Perks - Portugal
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
See more open positions at SWORD Health
Something looks off?