Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
We are searching for a Senior Accountant for our Porto Office preferably with experience in a fast-growth environment. Our goal is to build the best Finance team in healthcare.
What you will do:
- Ensure recording, monitoring, and reporting of general and technical accounting activity according to the Group Policies;
- Expertise in fixed/intangible assets as well in grants from several public entities;
- Reconcile Intercompany (IC) operations and disputes resolution;
- Provide regulatory reporting as required in each jurisdiction;
- Develop process and technical documentation;
- Plays an integral role in the development, implementation, and maintenance of financial accounting systems;
- Provides management and their team with meaningful, accurate, and timely financial information and reports as requested;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Management and cross-functional teams;
- Participate in the interim and annual audits for the Group;
- Perform other accounting and controller duties and support junior staff as required or assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or any related field;
- Experience with month-end/year-end close processes in complex multi-national and multi-currency frameworks;
- Comfort with Finance and Accounting principles (local GAAP, US/IFRS will be a plus) and good financial statement analysis ability;
- Good knowledge of tax laws, excellent Excel skills, and used to work with a complex ERP. (Netsuite will be a plus);
- Independent handling of a variety of tasks with different levels of complexity and organizing work efficiently;
- Good communication skills, able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Endurance and flexibility, when facing problems;
- Taking ownership of assigned responsibilities, including self-study/research needed to execute the same;
- Very high attention to detail; organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement and improve pain points;
- Working experience +5 years;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Curious, enthusiastic, proactive, and strong team player.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change an industry;
- A stimulating atmosphere with room for creativity - a fast-paced, fun, and energetic startup with a friendly culture;
- A flexible environment where you organized your work dynamic: flexible working hours, remote work policy, and unlimited vacations;
- Access to health and well-being programs (yoga classes, digital therapist sessions).
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.
See more open positions at SWORD Health
Something looks off?