Director of Operational Accounting
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
As a Director of Operational Accounting you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the financial operations and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our financial information. We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented professional who can lead our accounting team, and develop and maintain strong internal controls. You will be responsible for leading the optimization and streamlining of our financial closing processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in operational accounting, experience with implementing and managing financial systems, and a proven ability to drive process improvements. This role requires someone who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and is comfortable working with ambiguity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee the month-end and year-end closing processes to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the financial close process and develop strategies to streamline and optimize these processes.
- Lead the proper implementation and integration of financial systems, including Netsuite (ERP), Coupa (Accounts Payable), Concur (Travel & Expense), and FloQast (Financial Close).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Operations, and IT, to define and implement best practices for financial operations and reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and mitigate financial risks.
- Manage and mentor a team of accounting professionals, providing guidance, support, and ongoing training to improve their skills and performance.
- Stay updated on industry trends, accounting standards, and emerging technologies to drive continuous improvement in financial operations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA certification required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in accounting and financial operations, with a focus on process improvement and system implementation.
- Experience in leading operational accounting in series C+ to IPO
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and understanding of US GAAP.
- Proven experience in implementing and managing financial systems, such as Netsuite, Coupa, Concur, and FloQast.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize and streamline financial processes, resulting in improved efficiency and accuracy.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a high level of adaptability and comfort in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team, fostering a collaborative and results-driven culture.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry or a similar regulated industry is a plus.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, a fast learner and thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
- A highly analytical problem-solver, with a propensity for taking action.
- A thoughtful collaborator, and great listener, keenly focused on understanding business challenges, building strong relationships and driving even stronger outcomes
- Able to “zoom in and out” of details when needed. You love to “roll up the sleeves” and get into the data and analysis while keeping the bigger picture in focus.
- An excellent communicator capable of translating complex, nuanced, or detailed analysis into clear, actionable summaries or recommendations.
- Extremely organized, comfortable in ambiguity, and highly adaptable while creating clarity and focus in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.
See more open positions at SWORD Health
Something looks off?