Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
As a Controller at Sword Health, you will assume a pivotal role in our financial leadership team, guiding our corporate accounting functions with excellence and precision. Your responsibilities encompass team oversight and leadership, where you will provide direct supervision and guidance to our accounting team, fostering their professional growth and motivation. Your technical prowess will shine as you offer expert insights on GAAP, Tax, and Statutory reporting, acting as a vital resource for the entire organization. Your in-depth knowledge of specific accounting policies will ensure the accuracy and compliance of our financial practices.
Financial management and compliance will be under your astute control, managing relationships with external auditors, implementing critical accounting and reporting policies, and strategically directing our global tax planning and compliance efforts. Your ability to drive timely financial close processes will ensure the reliability of our financial reporting.
In addition to your technical responsibilities, you will play a key role in identifying opportunities for process enhancement and actively collaborate with other departments to facilitate cross-functional synergies. Your willingness to work collaboratively across the organization and your readiness for international travel to key locations demonstrate the dynamic nature of this role. If you are a finance leader seeking a multifaceted and impactful position, we invite you to join our dedicated team at Sword Health.
Development of processes and systems that are simple, scalable and business friendly:
- Build systems and processes that concurrently enhance efficiency and elevate the quality of the final output with a focus on user-friendliness,
- Identify opportunities and drive projects to improve business processes and support.
- Serve as the Company’s expert on accounting matters and collaborate with other departments on accounting-related matters.
-Works collaboratively across the organization to address issues
Financial Management and Compliance:
- Manage external auditor relationships and audit procedures.
- Establish, implement, manage, and monitor critical accounting and reporting policies and processes.
- Direct the tax strategy, planning, and compliance across global jurisdictions.
- Drive timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Manage the setup and management of new international entities and corporate structures.
Team Oversight and Leadership:
- Provide direct oversight to the corporate accounting team, including various
- Lead, motivate, and develop talent within the organization.
Technical Expertise and Guidance:
- Provide technical guidance across the business related to GAAP, Tax, and Statutory reporting.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on specific accounting policies.
Travel: International travel required, including specific locations.
Professional experience/ background
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 10+ years’ experience
- Experience at a Big 4, or a major regional firm
- CPA required
- Finance leadership experience in a complex multinational organization
- Proven experience in streamlining and documenting processes, and building systems
Startup and Growth Environment:
- 5+ years at a series C to IPO
- Experience taking a company public
- Ability to explain financial issues or concepts to a non-financial audience
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, and efficient
Technical Accounting and Financial Expertise:
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP with expertise in internal controls and technical accounting
- Familiarity with local, state, federal, and international tax regulation
- IFRS experience welcome but not required
- Global Supply Chain and inventory management accounting experience welcome but
Communication and Leadership Skills:
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Exceptionally strong judgment and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional team leadership skills and ability to hire, develop, and evaluate team members
International and Entity Management:
- Experience with managing international entities
- Collaborative, team player
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.