Senior Data Scientist
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Who we are:
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain . Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over 160+ other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented SWORD specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than two years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
Our data science team is responsible for instilling and supporting a data-first culture across multiple verticals at Sword by helping other teams leverage their data in the most effective way. The team uses statistics and machine learning to derive insights of an ever-evolving product with the goal of constantly improving patient care.
What you'll be doing:
- Expected to have a highly advanced understanding of data analysis and programming skills, including knowledge of statistics, databases, and Python/R.
- Experience solving complex business problems with data.
- Able to use complex tools and techniques.
- Ability to solve complex business problems using data.
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate their findings with different stakeholders, including those who are non-technical from other teams.
- Expected to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Expected to have project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritise and lead multiple large-scale projects with cross-functional teams.
- Expected to have an expert understanding of how data can be used to solve complex business problems.
- Can lead and mentor junior and intermediate Data Scientists, providing guidance and support to help them develop their skills.
- Participate in the design, execution, and analysis of experiments of product rollouts
- Instill a rigorous statistical and testing culture across Sword.
What you need to have:
- 4+ years of experience in Data Science roles;
- Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics in the context of a product;
- Experience using machine learning to derive insights and find patterns in the data;
- Working knowledge of SQL as well as statistical packages (such as those in R or Python);
- Experience leading complex and ambiguous initiatives with full autonomy;
- Ability to learn quickly and dive deep into new subjects;
- Ability to interface and communicate clearly with non-technical stakeholders.
Bonus Points or We'd Love to see:
- Experience with irregular time-series/event data;
- Genuine curiosity that drives you to experiment and try new things.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.