Health Economics and Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Who We Are
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain . Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over 160+ other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than two years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
The Health Economics and Data Analyst is a key member of the Health Economics team at Sword Health. Working closely with a Senior Actuary, this role focuses on measuring the impact of Sword Health's virtual physical therapy services through comprehensive healthcare claims data analytics.
• Collaborative Analysis: Partner with the Senior Actuary to assess the value and impact of Sword Health services using health claims data.
• Data Management: Contribute to the data workflow, including acquisition, cleaning, normalization, and storage.
• Methodology Coding: Translate contractual methodologies into code for analytical purposes.
• Statistical Interpretation: Employ a background in statistics to interpret results, and collaborate with the Senior Actuary to offer insights.
• •Tool Utilization: Use Python, R, SAS, or SQL for daily data manipulation and analysis tasks.
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Statistics, Health Economics, Data Science, or related field.
• 6+ years of experience in statistics and data analysis, healthcare or medical claims preferred.
• Proficiency in Python, R, SAS, or SQL.
• Excellent communication skills, capable of working in a collaborative environment.
Reporting: This role reports to the Senior Actuary on the Health Economics team.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.