Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
Our Algorithms team is a technically versatile Software Engineering team that thrives at solving complex and ambiguous problems, implementing real-time algorithms that process different types of data - they are the team that builds the engine of our Digital Therapist, the ones behind our motion tracking, either with motion sensors or computer vision.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the execution of the Algorithms Team Roadmap, which is made up of initiatives in technical fields (such as Motion Tracking, Motion Analysis, Computer Vision, Voice Recognition, among others);
- Lead and Manage all QA activities within the Algorithms Team, including managing QAAs;
- Interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders to properly scope, plan, estimate, and coordinate complex and cross-functional solutions;
- Create and maintain proper documentation throughout the software development process;
- Foster a tight iteration loop to maximize value-added over time, ensure developments remain aligned with their scope, and stay on track with established deadlines;
- Remove obstacles to the team’s work.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Proven experience in project management in technical/cross-functional projects;
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of agile software development and software development practices;
- Keen product sense. critical thinking and a results-oriented mindset;
- Ability to learn and get a working understanding of complex topics;
- Proficiency in communicating and discussing complex topics with both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Ability to navigate through complexity and ambiguity, adapting to evolving project requirements and challenges;
- Willingness and ability to wear multiple hats and collaborate effectively to reach common goals.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Software Quality Assurance;
- Engineering/Technical Background.
*Please note that this position does not offer relocation assistance. Candidates must possess a valid EU visa and be based in Portugal.
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.