Associate General Manager - Mental Health Outcomes
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
As Associate General Manager, your role involves spearheading initiatives aimed at enhancing mental health outcomes for Sword members. This multifaceted position demands strategic thinking, close collaboration across various teams, effective stakeholder management, analytical ability, and project leadership.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Partner with the GM to develop and implement critical initiatives, streamline operations and oversee team execution
- Strategic planning: Collaborate with the GM to define the goals and strategic initiatives to be launched by the business;
- Team management: Be responsible for supporting and improving the team's effectiveness through planning, prioritization, and driving execution follow-ups;
- Project management: Serve as a program manager on high-impact projects, from concept to strategy and execution, working with a vast array of stakeholders on both the strategic vision and project execution;
- Data analysis: Leverage data to inform decision-making, set performance targets, measure results, and drive ongoing performance improvements;
- Process Improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible. Cycle learnings back to leadership for continuous improvement;
- Lead by Example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively, communicate frequently and with high quality; then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans.
What You Need To Have:
- 6+ years of corporate strategy, start-up operations, and/or executive management experience;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English;
- Clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate meaningful insights;
- Have top-notch project/process management skills;
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - be a strong problem solver with a data-oriented approach;
- Grittiness, creativity, flexibility, and ability to operate with unknowns to get things done;
- Ability to diffuse conflict without escalation through strong interpersonal skills.
What We Would Love To See:
- Passion for innovating mental health care;
- Real-world entrepreneurship experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Management or related areas.
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.