Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2024
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
You will join our dynamic and highly skilled Hardware team where you’ll play a pivotal role in the development of medical devices. You'll be instrumental in bringing groundbreaking products from concept to reality, all while enjoying a vibrant and collaborative work environment.
We’re looking for someone with experience developing new devices with the proper mindset of combining a theoretical approach with hands-on prototyping and testing. You’re experienced working on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture. You will naturally strive for innovation, have sharp analytical skills and have a pragmatic and fast-paced work structure. Creativity and technical knowledge are crucial to this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with senior engineers to design and develop of new products and improvements to existing ones.
- Familiar with manufacturing & quality processes and systems, and able to contribute to DFX (manufacturing, assembly, cost, etc) activities
- Able to own mechanical modular sub-assembly design architecture
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure design fits features definition
- Conduct testing and analysis of mechanical systems to ensure they meet design specifications and requirements.
- Create and review mechanical design documentation, including CAD, drawings, schematics, and bill of materials.
- Provide technical support to other teams, including manufacturing, quality, and customer service.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest mechanical engineering trends and technologies.
What you need to have:
- You have a MSc in Engineering
- You have experience in medical devices or consumer electronic goods.
- You have +4 years of experience in the mechanical design of plastic injection moulded products.
- You have +4 years of experience with CATIA V5/V6 or similar.
- You are proficient in GD&T, statistical tolerance analysis and functional dimensioning.
- You are experienced with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- You have a good knowledge of 2D drawings and 3D engineering files as well as manufacturing documentation.
- You have good technical writing skills.
- You have experience in different means of production and techniques (i.e. injection molding, overmolding, ultrasonic welding, etc.).
- You have a solid understanding of mechanics and materials science.
- You’re able to work on a weekly basis in our Porto (PT) office. Since you'll be working with a physical product, we’d obviously need you to be there.
- Experience in the design of LSR/ TPE components.
- Experience with Mold Flow Analysis and FEA Simulation.
- Familiar with PDM and PLM systems and best practices for design and component documentation and control.
- Experience with Rapid Prototyping.
- Designed for US, UK and EU compliance testing.
*Please note that this position does not offer relocation assistance. Candidates must possess a valid EU visa and be based in Portugal.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.